2.NBT One, Ten, and One Hundred More and Less
- What number is 1 more than 99?
- What number is 1 less than 600?
- What number is 10 more than 90?
- What number is 10 less than 300?
- What number is 100 more than 570?
- What number is 100 less than 149?
This task acts as a bridge between understanding place value and using strategies based on place value for addition and subtraction. Within the classroom context, this activity can be differentiated using numbers that are either simpler or more difficult to manipulate across tens and hundreds.