Assess students’ ability to
• solve radical equations and demonstrate awareness of the possibility of extraneous roots resulting from an algebraic solution (A-REI.A.2);
• describe and show examples of how rational and irrational numbers behave under certain operations (N-RN.B.3);
• rewrite expressions involving rational exponents and radicals (N-RN.A.2);
• demonstrate understanding of the meaning of i (N-CN.A.1);
• perform operations with i and with complex numbers in the form a + bi (N-CN.A.2);
• solve quadratic equations with real coefficients that have complex solutions (N-CN.C.7).