Pre-unit diagnostic assessment
Diagnose students’ recall of middle grades statistics, specifically their ability to:
• recognize a statistical question (6.SP.A.1);
• describe the distribution of data collected to answer a statistical question by its center, spread, and overall shape (6.SP.A.2);
• interpret statistical plots (6.SP.B.4);
• summarize numerical data sets in relation to their context (6.SP.B.5);
• informally assess the degree of visual overlap of two numerical data distributions with similar variabilities (7.SP.B.3).