Who we are, what we do, where we are going.
Who We Are
Illustrative Mathematics is a discerning community of educators dedicated to the coherent learning of mathematics. Founded in 2011 at the University of Arizona, we have operated since 2013 as an independent 501(c)3 non-profit corporation.
What We Do
We collaborate at illustrativemathematics.org, sharing carefully vetted resources for teachers and teacher leaders to give our children an understanding of mathematics and skill in using it. We provide expert guidance to states, districts, curriculum writers, and assessment writers working to improve mathematics education.
A world where people know, use, and enjoy mathematics.
How We Get There
- Illustrate standards with impeccably crafted tasks, videos, lesson plans, and curriculum modules.
- Be the premier source of freely available online mathematics content for teachers, teacher leaders, assessment developers, curriculum writers, and teacher educators.
- Be a discerning professional community that creates content and deploys expertise in multiple ways.
- Engage individuals and small groups, with rare and needed expertise, who are currently isolated in pockets across the country.
- Provide a space for teachers to share across classrooms and help each other grow in teaching our children mathematics educators.
Board Of Directors
Who Helped Us
We gratefully acknowledge the support of the Bill & Melinda Gates Foundation, the Helmsley Charitable Trust, and the William and Flora Hewlett Foundation. In addition, we would like to thank the following people who have helped us get where we are today.