F-BF. Building Functions
F-BF.A. Build a function that models a relationship between two quantities.
F-BF.A.1. Write a function that describes a relationship between two quantities.
F-BF.A.1.a. Determine an explicit expression, a recursive process, or steps for calculation from a context.
F-BF.A.1.b. Combine standard function types using arithmetic operations. For example, build a function that models the temperature of a cooling body by adding a constant function to a decaying exponential, and relate these functions to the model.
F-BF.A.1.c. Compose functions. For example, if $T(y)$ is the temperature in the atmosphere as a function of height, and $h(t)$ is the height of a weather balloon as a function of time, then $T(h(t))$ is the temperature at the location of the weather balloon as a function of time.
F-BF.A.2. Write arithmetic and geometric sequences both recursively and with an explicit formula, use them to model situations, and translate between the two forms.
- Building a General Quadratic Function
- Building an Explicit Quadratic Function by Composition
- Building a quadratic function from $f(x) = x^2$
- Exploring Sinusoidal Functions
- Identifying Even and Odd Functions
- Identifying Quadratic Functions (Standard Form)
- Identifying Quadratic Functions (Vertex Form)
- Medieval Archer
- Transforming the graph of a function
- No tasks yet illustrate this standard.